It’s the new year and after all the Christmas shopping, we all need to save up some money again. We’d like to help you save money by giving you some tips for your plumbing. Don’t say we never gave ya nothin’.
- Learn where your home’s main water shut off valve is—so if there’s ever a leak, you can go straight there and quickly turn off the water to the entire house.
- Avoid pouring fats or cooking oils down the drain because liquid fats solidify in the pipes and create clogs. Wipe congealed grease from pots.
- Install screens over drains in showers and tubs, and pull out what hair you can every few weeks to prevent buildups.
- Never put hard-to-grind, stringy, fibrous waste into the garbage disposer (poultry skins, carrots, celery, pumpkin pulp or banana peels). The disposer can’t sufficiently grind these items and they will clog your sink drain.
- Scrape food into the trash before doing dishes—even if you have a disposal—and never put liquid grease down the drain; pour it into a sealable container to put in the garbage after it cools.
- Turn on the disposer before adding food debris.
Happy New Years,
ARMS Rooter & Plumbing Services